Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Travel day...

Travel day so light posting but given the local political news I figured I'd jump in and comment...

Congratulations to Senator Salazar. I've been highly critical of him as a United States Senator but I think he's a good fit at Interior.

As for the scramble to replace him in the Senate I'm hoping my former law school classmate Andrew Romanoff gets the nod.

I don't think Perlmutter or John Salazar are getting the nod, defending their Congressional seats could be problematic. I don't have much of an opinion of Federico Pena, he seems like an okay option. Mayor Hickenlooper has done a fine job in Denver and would make a solid choice as well. Basically I think there are good options for Ritter but I hope Andrew gets the job.

I'm sure the state GOP is excited about having Salazar out of the way for 2010 but before they get ahead of themselves I'd simply remind them that they need to find a viable candidate first. Tom Tancredo and Dan Caplis don't count.

And now for some travel music...

No comments: