Saturday, January 23, 2010

What's in a name?

For reasons that I hope to make public very soon I have been revisiting my use of a pseudonym.

I've decided that it's still prudent to write under a pseudonym, I want to clearly differentiate between my blogging and my other professional obligations. I have though decided to utilize a different pseudonym that

  1. Is less likely to draw the ire of aging MLB sluggers from the 1980s.
  2. Is a little close to my real name, and thus is perhaps a touch more professional in character
  3. Is a nod to a personal inspiration of mine

So starting with post #1601 here at SPO I will no longer be writing as Steve Balboni, I am now writing under the name of T.R. Donoghue. Thanks for your understanding of this change, I'll shed a little more light on the switch in the coming week.

Happy Saturday all...

3 comments:

redstateblues said...

What's in a name? Nothing, really, but now I have to call you T.R.? It's going to take some getting used to. I wish I had picked a more professional pseudonym. Now it's horribly dated, and I don't have the wherewithal to pick a new name.

Andrew Oh-Willeke said...

"The blogger formerly known as Steve Balboni" still sounds tempting.

Gabbahey said...

My pseudonym is B.P. Moneybags. The B.P. stands for Big Pimpin'. And no you can't change your mind and take it.