Thursday, October 22, 2009

Baghdad Bob says that Windows 7 is working fine

Nobody could have predicted,

12:48pm
Never had a problem with Vista, but am about to upgrade to Windows 7
2:59pm
Did precisely what I was asked, uninstalled my antivirus, uninstalled itunes, and uninstalled my ati drivers, followed all the instructions, and now my desktop PC is in an infinite loop with Microsoft 7 halfway installed. It restarts, boots to the Windows 7 install screen, sends me an error message that the “install can not be located,” and then reboots. Rinse and repeat.

Heckuva job, guys. I now have a several thousand dollar paperweight.

4:57pm

And I now have my desktop running Vista at half the functionality it was working at before the “upgrade.” I have no video card drivers and am looking at everything in 800×600 on a 24” lcd, no virus protection, and for some reason or another, my secondary monitor is now recognized as my main monitor. Why?

Why the fuck not? This is Microsoft!

For the record, somebody did predict this.

No comments: