Friday, May 8, 2009

The failure of leadership

I've been mulling over what to write about the Denver Post article this morning wherein the governor lets it be known that he has a position on the death penalty but he'd rather not share it.

This is an out and out disgrace. Pols post on the subject refers to a "perception" of a leadership issue surrounding Ritter. I disagree, it's not a problem of perception - the problem is the governor of this state is not a leader. After 3 legislative sessions I'm not sure how you can come to any other conclusion. Personally he is a very nice man with a very nice family but his entire term has thus far been marked by a total lack of leadership on his part on just about every major issue in the state.

I'm not sure how I am supposed to support this man in 2010. Honestly if the Republicans put up a moderate who would agree to support the state employee partnership Executive Order that Ritter signed I'd back the Republican. I don't think that's going to happen so I suppose I'll just sit the race out.

Bill Ritter hasn't earned a second term, not even close. His administration has firttered away a landslide victory and huge margins in the legislature. They've accomplished next to nothing of substance. Their prime policy achievements were simply signing into law green energy programs that were literally waiting for a Democratic governor to sign into law.

I'm thoroughly disgusted and I'm tired of people making excuses for this administration. Leaders lead.

I'll add as well that this is Josh Penry's opening. His personality, his history as a college quarterback, his age and demeanor - they all provide an excellent contrast to an incumbent who is indecisive and weak.

No comments: