Monday, April 20, 2009

On farcical conservtives

Steve Benen this morning on "debating" climate change with conservatives,

One of the difficulties in discussing global warming with conservative Republicans is that they're often reluctant to take reality seriously.


I'd say this goes way beyond simply global warming. It's nearly impossible to engage with Republicans or conservatives on any issue of substance today. The entire right-wing movement seems to be inhabiting a reality all unto their own. Their beliefs, arguments and positions have no basis in facts and are simply manifestations of their own delusions - some paranoid and some of a more garden variety. Its actually made blogging quite a struggle for me the last couple of weeks. I've had a hard time psyching myself up to sit at the keyboard and engage with issues or debates because the Republicans seem to have gone so completely around the bend.

Global climate change, the economy, gay rights, foreign policy, torture - on the big issues of the day Republicans and conservatives alike seem to offer very little outside of extremism and often times juvenille debate. I mean really, tea parties? Seriously?

I'm hoping to get myself back on track this week but this blogging thing is much easier when you're engaged with non-insane ideological opponents.

No comments: