Wednesday, March 25, 2009

These people are weird

I am utterly fascinated by the right-wing blogosphere and the people they choose to feel sympathy and empathy for and rally around. Disturbed a bit too but definitely fascinated.

Righties like to talk about liberals "worshiping" government as a deity. Obviously I think that's a pretty hollow statement - most of us don't believe in any god. No seriously, I think that's a pretty silly statement but meh, whatever. I don't think though that its such a stretch as to descibe the rights relationship to The Market as at least rising to the level of a fetish. Their deity appears to be cold hard cash, or perhaps just themselves.

At least when the shit hits the fan you know where these guys stand, with the monied interests. I'm beginning to wonder when their redneck base will catch on though.

No comments: