Sunday, November 2, 2008

Smart conservatives

For any of my readers who are looking for a rational, reasoned traditional conservative to read I cannot recommend Daniel Larison from The American Conservative enough.

In recent years I've looked high and low for a conservative to read regularly with little luck. The National Review print edition is as wretched as National Review Online. Local conservative pundits are more of the theo-con or neo-con variety than traditional conservative. Andrew Sullivan has been my one view into a traditional conservatives mind (save the comments I know Sullivan is at times a confused mish-mash of ideology and emotion) and it is through Andrew that I discovered Larison some weeks back. Larison thus far has proven himself to be thoughtful, self-critical, reasoned and quite intelligent. I'm hoping he stays as engaging as he has been.

No comments: