Friday, May 30, 2008

Anyone heard from Pat Schroeder?

I see that Geraldine Ferraro has taken her act to the Boston Glove op-ed page today. Isaac Chotiner over at The New Republic deals with the substance of her editorial nicely.

Hearing so much from Ferraro though has me wondering, where is Pat Schroeder? We haven't heard a peep out of her regarding the Democratic race in quite some time. A quick poke around the internet reveals nothing in the last couple of months that I can find.

Schroeder was a trail blazer for women and also for progressive causes, and all from Colorado's 1st Congressional District. While Ferraro is notable for being Walter Mondale's running mate in 1984 I think that Schroeder was arguably the more influential member of Congress of the two.

What does she think of the primary so far? Who does she support? What about the Michigan and Florida delegates?

I'd be very interested in getting her perspective on the range of issues that have been raised in this primary and I'm sure other Coloradans and other Americans would as well.

No comments: